Hamlet of Haley Station  
The hamlet of Haley Station was established sometime between 1845 and 1850 when two men by the names of George Haley and John Ross purchased Crown land located on the present day site of Haley Station. In the hamlet’s early years, it served as a postal hamlet and railway station. The Canadian Central Railway constructed a railway line through the hamlet in 1876 and the first post office was inaugurated on May 3rd, 1878.

It is reported that in 1908 the hamlet offered two churches, a general store, a cheese factory, a blacksmith shop and grain elevators. Later in 1922, the Trans-Canada Highway was built alongside the hamlet. Nowadays, Haley Station offers residents a country atmosphere yet it is located in close proximity to the Town of Renfrew which provides all the amenities of a larger populated area.