Community Improvement Plan
A Community Improvement Plan (CIP) is a document that provides municipalities in the Province of Ontario with the tools and strategies that allow for the improvement, rehabilitation or redevelopment of defined project areas.
A Community Improvement Project Area (CIPA) is a municipality or area(s) within a municipality identified by Council for improvement(s) due to age, dilapidation, the unsuitability of buildings, or for any other environmental, social, or community economic development reason.
Objectives of Community Improvement Planning include:
- Focus attention on local priorities and municipal initiatives.
- Target areas in transition and need of repair.
- Rehabilitation and redevelopment.
- Promote and encourage community change.
- Encourage private sector investment through municipal incentive programs.
Community Improvement Plan - Phase Two