Business Retention and Expansion Project
The Township of Whitewater Region will be undertaking a Business Retention and Expansion project.
The Goals and Objectives of the project are to:
1. Increase the competitiveness of business within the Township.
2. Enable business development, investment, and job creation.
3. Identify the positive and negative attributes of the community as a place to do business.
4. Establish and implement a strategic action plan to support existing businesses.
5. Build and improve relations with existing businesses and the Township.
6. Provide business with a resource network for communication with the Township and government funding opportunities.
The Council of the Township of Whitewater Region received funding from the Ontario government to run this project (Council Report Below) on September 1, 2021. The projects will generally follow the timelines below:
The Township of Whitewater Region submitted a funding application to the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs for the Rural Economic Development Program (RED program)
The cost for the preparation for the Business Retention and Expansion project was $64,917, inclusive of non-refundable HST. In addition, the Province of Ontario Rural Economic Development Program helped fund 50% of the total cost of hiring a business outreach officer to facilitate the project for a total of $24,958.50. The Township is responsible for the remaining $39,958.50, including equipment, office accommodations, staffing support and project marketing.
Business Retention and Expansion Survey
-Launching Early 2022-
The Township will be involving the provincial agencies, local organizations, stakeholders, and businesses at certain milestones of each proposed project. In addition, advertisement for business engagement will be provided in local newspapers (Block Ad/ Other), Township Website and Social Media.
Business Outreach Officer
Township of Whitewater Region
44 Main Street, P.O. Box 40
Cobden ON K0J 1K0
Tel. 613-646-2282 ext 143