A consent or severance is the authorized separation of a piece of land to form a new lot or a new parcel of land. This regulation ensures controlled land development in compliance with the Official Plan and Zoning By-law.  The County of Renfrew is the approval authority for Consent/Severances and the Township acts as a commenting agency.

If you are considering applying for a Consent/Severance, you are encouraged to communicate with the Township Planner/Economic Development Officer as a first step in the process.  

Alex Benzie - Planner/Economic Development Officer
613-646-2282 ext. 122