Important dates for Candidates and Third Party Advertisers
Monday, May 2 at 9 a.m.
- First day to file a Nomination Paper for the offices of Mayor, Councillor and School Board Trustee
- Once the Nomination Paper has been filed with the City Clerk, candidates can start raising and spending money on their campaign
- Preliminary spending limit provided to candidates
- Preliminary self-contribution limit provided to candidates running for Mayor and Councillor (does not apply to candidates running for School Board Trustee)
- First day to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser
- Third party advertisers cannot raise or spend money on their campaign, or being advertising, until their registration is certified by the City Clerk
- Preliminary spending limit provided to third party advertisers upon certification
Friday, August 19 at 2 p.m.
- Deadline for candidates to
- File a nomination
- Withdraw a nomination
- Change office
Monday, August 22
- Last day for Clerk to certify candidate nomination papers
Thursday, September 1
- Voters’ List available to candidates
Monday, September 26
- Last day to provide final spending limits provided to candidates and registered third part advertisers
- Last day to provide final self-contribution limits to candidates running for Mayor and Councillor (does not apply to candidates running for School Board Trustee)
Friday, October 21
- Last day to register as a third party advertiser
Monday, October 24
Tuesday, January 3
- End of campaign period for candidates and third party advertisers
- Last day to file a Notice of Extension to continue campaigning to erase a deficit
Friday, March 31 at 2 p.m.
- Deadline for candidates and third party advertisers to file the initial financial statement
Friday, June 30
- End of extended campaign period
Friday, September 29 at 2 p.m.
- Deadline for candidates and third party advertisers to file the supplementary financial statement (applies only to those who extended their campaign period)